Mexican tea cookie
- 1 cup butter
- 3/4 c powdered sugar
- 2 t vanilla
- 2 cups flower
- 2 t salt
- 3/4 c pecans, toasted and chopped
- Combine flour, salt and pecans.
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Scrape the bowl and then add the vanilla. Add flour mixture until combined.
- Form into 1 inch balls.
- Bake at 350 until slightly golden brown, about 12-15 minutes.
- Roll in powdered sugar one time after pulling from the oven. Let cool completely and roll once more.
Chocolate chip banana bread
- 1 1/3 c brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 c mashed banana
- 2 1/4 c flour
- 1 t baking powder
- 1 t baking soda
- 1 t cinnamon
- 1 t ground ginger
- 1/2 t salt
- 1 stick 2 T butter, melted
- 3/4 c chocolate chip
- Measure out dry ingredients and set aside.
- Beat eggs and sugar until well incorporated.
- Add mashed bananas and mix. Add dry ingredients and mix until incorporated. Add melted butter.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Bake at 350 for about an hour or until tester comes out clean.
- 1 1/2 c flour
- 1/2 c powdered sugar
- 3/4 c butter
- 6 eggs
- 2 1/4 c sugar
- Zest of 2 lemons
- 1 c lemon juice
- 1 c flour
- Pinch of salt
- Make crust and par bake for about 20 minutes.
- Combine flour, sugar, zest and lemon juice. Whisk until no longer clumpy. Set aside.
- Mix eggs and salt in desperate bowl.
- Once crust is par baked, combine egg and flour mixture.
- Immediately put back into oven and bake at 350 for about 30 minutes.
- Careful not to over bake as they will taste a little eggy.
- 1/2 c butter
- 1/3 c powdered sugar
- 1 c flour
- 1/3 c almonds, toasted and chopped
- 1 t salt
- 1 t vanilla
- Measure out flour, salt, and almonds, set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar. Add vanilla. Scrape the sides of the bowl. Add flour mixture and mix until fully incorporated.
- Scoop out 1 inch balls.
- Make a well in the center of each, I use my teaspoon to do this. Put jam of your choice in the wells and bake at 350 for about 15 minutes. Once cooled sprinkle with powdered sugar.