I'm a fan of anything I can throw in the crock pot that not only is delicious, but makes our apartment smell festive. This cider was super easy, and would be great spiked as well. I typically like to spike each individual glass rather than throwing the booze in to the crock pot. That way the cider is kid friendly and you don't waste any of that precious liquor. Follow along with the simple instructions below.
- Half gallon of filtered cider
- One orange, sliced in half
- 2 whole nutmegs
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 1 tablespoon whole cloves
- Half cup of brown sugar
Extra orange slices & cinnamon sticks
- Slice your orange in half and place into the crock pot.
- Add in your cider and brown sugar.
- Using a coffee filter and butchers string create a tea like bag for your spices - add in nutmeg, cinnamon sticks and cloves and toss in to your cider.
- Cook on high for 2 hours, turn down to low and serve at any time.
Photography by amy frances.