Owen has loved quiche each and every time we've eaten it out and about so I figured I would give it a swing at home (this could also be an excellent Father's Day breakfast if you're still looking for ideas). I was a little intimidated by the idea of making a quiche, but it was so much easier than I expected and honestly turned out delicious. You can totally swap out different meats and vegetables if you'd like. So long as you keep the proportions the same it should turn out great. This was what we happened to have in the fridge at the end of the week so I went for it and decided to steer clear of the crust this time around to make it a bit simpler.
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups shredded cheese (I used a mix of mozzarella, pecorino & parmesan)
- 1 cup of whole milk
- 2 slices of bacon, chopped
- 8oz broccoli, chopped
- 10oz kale, chopped
- 1 large clove of garlic, pressed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large pan, over medium heat start to cook your chopped bacon. After a couple minutes add one tablespoon of olive oil, your broccoli and your garlic. Once everything looks about done add in your kale and an additional tablespoon of olive oil if needed. Cook for about 2-3 minutes and remove from heat.
- In a large mixing bowl add in your milk, eggs, salt and pepper, and the majority of your cheese (I like to leave a little to sprinkle on top) and whisk.
- Add your cooked bacon and veggies to your mixing bowl and combine.
- Spray a 9" pie dish with baking spray and add in your ingredients.
- Sprinkle with your left over cheese on top and bake for 45 minutes or until the top is crisp and golden brown.