Today seems like the perfect day to #GiveTHX because honestly, I’ve been struggling the past few days. When I’m having a hard time it's easy for me to get wrapped up in my own little world and I could use something, anything to bring me back down to earth. thx.co reached out to me a few weeks ago about spreading the word about their #GiveTHX challenge and today I decided I would take that challenge on. A little back story, these guys have created a lifestyle brand that allows you to purchase your essentials while simultaneously giving back (like the coffee, tea or candle you see here). You have the option to donate any amount of money you’d like + 100% of the company’s net profits go toward your cause of choice. In addition to giving back they’re trying to encourage a more thankful lifestyle. In honor of this challenge I have shared a few things I’m thankful for below because we shouldn’t only reflect on what we’re thankful for while were feasting on turkey, right?
1. It seems as though I only appreciate my health when I am sick, but I need to get a grip. I am so unbelievably thankful to be healthy, and to have given birth to a healthy baby.
2. I know there are a lot of parents out there doing it on their own and I admire you beyond measure. I am so thankful to have Zack as my partner in crime and I truly can't imagine doing it without him. Those of you who are doing it on your own, I hope you can feel my high five from wherever you are because you rule.
3. The opportunity to make a living while still having Owen by my side is something I constantly try to stay conscious of and show my gratitude to my boss. Jaime, if you're reading this THANK YOU! Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you.
4. Our families, despite the distance, have been a tremendous support system. Owen really does have the greatest grandparents, aunts and uncles, great grandparents, and honorary aunts and uncles around. Looking at you Auntie Leah, Uncle Jake, Auntie Amy, Auntie Bay, okay there are a lot of you, but you all know who you are. ;) So grateful for you.
5. The sheer fact that I am writing this blog post and that there are actually people reading it is still beyond me at times. Thank you for supporting Household and for providing me with opportunities to work with companies like thx.co!