I don't know about your kiddos but Owen LOVES hummus. I thought I would try the store bought hummus with him first to make sure he actually liked it before I went through the trouble of making it, but then I made it and realized how stinkin' easy it is. Now I'm wondering why I've never made it before. This recipe is perfect for O, he loves it, for myself it's a little bland so I've been adding sriracha to my servings. Feel free to season as you wish!
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/3 cup tahini (make sure to mix)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- 1 red pepper, roasted
- Roast your red pepper. Heat your oven to 350. In a baking dish place a whole red pepper and cover with one tablespoon of olive oil. Cook for 45 minutes. Slice, remove stem, seeds and skin.
- Combine all of your ingredients into a food processor or blender. Blend until desired consistency is achieved.
- And you're done. So easy!
- Serve with pita or veggies and store in the fridge.