We are all pretty limited if we are sticking to what's in season this January as far as veggies go.According to Eat Seasonably's Website we've got carrots, kale, cauliflower, cabbage, leeks and brussel sprouts. That being said, I picked strictly from that list for this month's savory recipes/ As far as recipes go I stuck to a few of my personal staples rather than trying to do anything too fancy. January is all about eating healthy and creating balance in our lives. Cooking for me is clearly important, but with a number of resolutions in mind, I don't want to spend all my time in the kitchen. Hopefully these recipes will provide healthy-ish and easy side dish options or smaller meals. Enjoy!
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into bite size pieces
- 1/2 bunch of leeks, thinly chopped
- 1/2 cup parmesan, shredded
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt & pepper
- Pre-heat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Prep your cauliflower, leeks, and parmesan. Set parmesan aside.
- pray your baking dish and toss in your cauliflower, leeks, olive oil, and a dash of salt and pepper.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the cauliflower starts to brown. Add in parmesan and serve warm.
Photography by Amy Frances.