I'm well aware these suckers aren't anywhere close to aesthetically perfect, but they were super delicious and so easy. Maybe next time I make them they'll be prettier, or maybe you guys will do better than me. Either way it's the taste that matters most right?!
- 1 pre-made pie crust
- 2 granny smith apples
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 375.
- Roll out your pie crust, cut into 6 even pieces. (as even as you can considering pre-made pie crusts are circular)
- Spray your muffin tin, take 4 of your pie crust pieces and set them in to the muffin tin, softening the dough with your fingers to create an edge around each one.
- Take your last two pieces and cut in to 8 even strips (16 total).
- Peel and cut your apples.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine apples, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla extract. Mix.
- Pour into your muffin tins with the pie crust – you will most likely have extra apples.
- Take your strips and weave on top of each hand pie – you will need 4 strips per pie.
- Once your strips are in place use a fork to merge your lattice top with the pie crust.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until your fruit is bubbling.