We are lucky enough to live incredibly close to a fish market where we typically purchase salmon and shrimp each week. We make every effort to incorporate new recipes with these items, which makes cooking a fun challenge. Since produce is so limited this time of year I have found myself craving something light and fresh. I get it, I'm not fooling anyone with the fettuccine, but I 'm sure you can catch my drift. Lemon, spinach, shrimp. It's light! Right?
- 9oz. Fresh fettuccine
- 1/2 pound shrimp, tails removed
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 cloves of garlic, pressed
- Two large handfuls of spinach
- 1 bunch of green onions
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup butter
- Salt & pepper
- Cook pasta.
- In a medium sized sautee pan or skillet sautee shrimp in your butter, olive oil and garlic while your pasta cooks.
- When your shrimp is just about done throw in your spinach and continue to sautee.
- Drain pasta and combine with shrimp and spinach.
- Add lemon juice, green onions, salt and pepper.
Photography by Amy Frances.